Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Cover Discussion

Go down 
+24
blondeheadedkelsi
Shamsy
DeepPurple707
JulieMarie
Bekki
x.ZombieOli.x
Karen~Tak
Lucky4193
kimberlymhale.abh
lastexile
AliceUndead
undeadgalwithpower99
AliceCullen
Graceanne
Dead_onthe_Inside
Icanhazcheezberger
LivingDead_Girl
Kiera!!!!
CheeseGirl
Stehfee
adam_lover#1
Karen DeSonne
Lita138
Raschel
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
undeadgalwithpower99
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
undeadgalwithpower99

Cover Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:59 pm

now wait i never heard that karen was wearing black boots or maybe it sliped when i was reading it i know that phobee did though but i don't see phoebe a cheerleader at all and karen was the one wearing the skirts to high maybe it just reprezents phoebe or karen or just zombies scratch
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:45 pm

okay...im confoozeled...geeze...now my head hurts
Back to top Go down
AliceUndead
AliceUndead

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Of all honesty, I only read the book because of the American cover. I was like "HAHA Gothy cheerleader!!" so I read the back and decided to get it. Couldn't be happier.

Whoever the girl on the cover is, I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be dead... I used to think it was Karen, but now I'm just not sure at all.
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:16 pm

I really think its Karen, but then again, it could be Pheobe for many reasons: she is like a cheerleader for Tommy, she is sort of Goth so like i said it could be Pheobe.
Back to top Go down
lastexile
Traditionally Biotic
lastexile

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:45 am

Ohh when I first saw Generation Dead's US cover I was like 'I need that frakking book yesterday'...though sadly with my finances being well...dead without any chance of revival any time soon unless you know I win the lottery I had to survive upon the hope that it would make its way to me for my birthday. or christmas. or random day.

Luck be on my side though because yesterday I received a packet with the UK paperback inside for review! I think the UK version is a lot more simple and elegant, but it wouldn't catch my eye before the US edition.

Lexie
Back to top Go down
http://lastexilewords.blogspot.com
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:11 pm

haha totally kool
Back to top Go down
kimberlymhale.abh
Listening to Margie Gab
kimberlymhale.abh

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:42 am

i walked in to books a million and it was right inside the door. its kind of ridiculous everything being about witches, wizards, werewolves, vampires, and things that would be creepy but are filled with love instead just because twilight was good. not that im saying i dont enjoy it..thats the style ive read for the past few years and it all just makes them easier to find...but still...
anyways..i walked in the store and really kiss of life caught my eye and i was like that looks amazing.. so i flipped it over and reaad the back and found out generation dead was b4 it and im not the kind to skip the beginning so i bought both and fell in love with tommy...Smile

and now im a zombie fo life XD

and as for the cover art...i always thought it was Karen...the same reason as everyone else. the thing with holly and how shes obviously a zombie...but idk....
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kimberlyhale
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:03 am

I think it's supposed to represent the differently biotic people trying to fit in with the trads. Same with why Tommy joined the football team. I never thought it was Karen, I just thought it meant that people can get along. Can't we just ask ?
Back to top Go down
Karen~Tak
Karen~Tak

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 pm

I think it's meant to represent what the living impaired are feeling inside ^^
Back to top Go down
http://not mine - http://www.buzzwithus.com I am a memeber there
x.ZombieOli.x
Standing in front of flying tomatoes
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:00 am

Karen DeSonne wrote:
the UK version is so much different, a black rose on a redd background, tis bootiful, not quite sure about the meaning though, but the blackc rose could represent Pheobe, the dark but beautiful goth girl....

the australians have that version too. i LOVE it. =D i think its really preety.

xx.
Back to top Go down
Bekki
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
Bekki

PostSubject: Penny for your thoughts   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 am

I always thought it was just the female version of Tommy almost. Like it was found more suiting to photo a pretty girl in a cheerleader outfit then a boy in a foot ball uniform... Also it comes together more with the back eyeshadow and kicks Cute I absolutely adore it all the way... Kiss of Life's cover I didn't like as much. It just struck me as out of place... I wish they would have come up with something better... sweat drop
Back to top Go down
JulieMarie
Writing Tommy a poem
JulieMarie

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:15 pm

oh my gosh i was in school a few weeks ago, and someone looked at my book [[kiss of life]]
and was like is that girl dead?
is she a vampire?
this is about vampires isnt it?
i was like

NO!NO!NO!
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:58 pm

JulieMarie wrote:
oh my gosh i was in school a few weeks ago, and someone looked at my book [[kiss of life]]
is she a vampire?
i was like

NO!NO!NO!

nawww well that person should get a damn freaking life. Very Happy
&& oh em gee. if it were about vamps i'd probably stab the bookk amillion times ... i mean nothign against vamps iLOVE them and al but no!!

xx
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Bekki wrote:
I always thought it was just the female version of Tommy almost. Like it was found more suiting to photo a pretty girl in a cheerleader outfit then a boy in a foot ball uniform... Also it comes together more with the back eyeshadow and kicks Cute I absolutely adore it all the way... Kiss of Life's cover I didn't like as much. It just struck me as out of place... I wish they would have come up with something better... sweat drop

i agree. i dont like the kiss of life ccovver either its just not right. GRRRR. shoulve come up with something better.

xx
Back to top Go down
JulieMarie
Writing Tommy a poem
JulieMarie

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:34 pm

x.Cupcake.Williams.x wrote:
JulieMarie wrote:
is she a vampire?
i was like

NO!NO!NO!

&& oh em gee. if it were about vamps i'd probably stab the bookk amillion times ... i mean nothign against vamps iLOVE them and al but no!!

xx
hahaha
wow,
it was angering me too.
XD
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:20 pm

JulieMarie wrote:
x.Cupcake.Williams.x wrote:
JulieMarie wrote:
is she a vampire?
i was like

NO!NO!NO!

xx
hahaha
wow,
it was angering me too.
XD

the vamps or the cover?

xx
Back to top Go down
JulieMarie
Writing Tommy a poem
JulieMarie

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 pm

no no the fact tht they thought it was bout vampires.
XD
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:49 am

lol. well, im surpirises she didn't knock her out or something. i know i wouldve

xx
Back to top Go down
DeepPurple707
Traditionally Biotic

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:19 pm

I kinda though that the covers for the UK version were lame :/ it would be good if it was original but they just reminded me a little to much of twilight if you no what i mean.

but with the US version, when i first saw it i though 'o great, more cliche paranormal books' but then my aunt got me to read them and i though that the cover went great! i figured that the cover of generation dead was supposed to express the irony in the book. Also i thought that it was a mix of the main people in the book like someone said before.
then for kiss of life made me think of phobes desires. she wanted Adam alive and it was also ironic(like all the zombies in the book)
Back to top Go down
Shamsy
Traditionally Biotic

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:05 pm

I think it is karen on the cover, i mean they do mention she wears short skirts, and maybe its just provocation that she is on the cheerleading team when no one would want her there?
Back to top Go down
blondeheadedkelsi
blondeheadedkelsi

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

I the American caught my eye and drew me right in. But it does confuse me. At first I thought it was Karen. But im not sure. I mean was Karen a cheerleader in her "first" life. Or is it to represent the high school zombies trying to blend in but just cant. I dont know. That is one question i would love to ask Daniel Waters. But KoL cover i think i understand. Razz
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:26 pm

I don't know what made me want to read it. I read an article in the back of one of my books and then I saw it in the store, so I grabbed it because it was the last copy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
born2lose479
born2lose479

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:02 pm

what up? dont know bout you , but i find the covers really graphically colorful and eyecatching! they relate in the book series in the way it kinda keeps you guessing. think gen dead cover is karen 4sure and kol is adam N pheebes. passing strange has me most curious with dead/living twins? new characters just dying to get a part!
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:36 pm

You don't know what to expect when you see the book, when you see Karen on the cover laying on the bleachers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 pm

totally.
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cover Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next