Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Cover Discussion

Go down 
+24
blondeheadedkelsi
Shamsy
DeepPurple707
JulieMarie
Bekki
x.ZombieOli.x
Karen~Tak
Lucky4193
kimberlymhale.abh
lastexile
AliceUndead
undeadgalwithpower99
AliceCullen
Graceanne
Dead_onthe_Inside
Icanhazcheezberger
LivingDead_Girl
Kiera!!!!
CheeseGirl
Stehfee
adam_lover#1
Karen DeSonne
Lita138
Raschel
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Raschel
The Haunted House Founder
Raschel

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 pm

What do you think of the cover? It caught my eye and got me hooked, but a lot of people don't see how it relates to the story at all. What about you?
Back to top Go down
Lita138
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
Lita138

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 am

The cover definately caught my eye, but I have still have been trying to figure out who it's supposed to be..or if it's supposed to be anyone at all?? I have my guesses though.. zombie
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Lita-Sotelo/1079750324
Raschel
Raschel

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 pm

It made me think all the way through that Karen was going to join the cheer squad, just like how Holly poked at it and said:
"Can you imagine if that joined the squad?"
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:15 pm

the UK version is so much different, a black rose on a redd background, tis bootiful, not quite sure about the meaning though, but the blackc rose could represent Pheobe, the dark but beautiful goth girl....
Back to top Go down
Raschel
Raschel

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 pm

O.o SO true...I do see that representing Phoebe, and the background too..
Back to top Go down
Lita138
Lita138

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:59 pm

hmmm yea the UK version definately seems to make more sense in that respect...I thought Karen too, but like you said she wasn't a cheerleader...I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Raschel
Raschel

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Maybe she'll be one in KoL? O.o
Back to top Go down
adam_lover#1
Traditionally Biotic
adam_lover#1

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:20 am

Ilove the covers both uk and american

but personally the american confuses me scratch
Back to top Go down
Raschel
Raschel

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:33 pm

As it does me slightly...but there are a few things I have read (possibly too deeply into)
Back to top Go down
Stehfee
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
Stehfee

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:32 pm

I went to England around Christmas and saw the book in a bookstore where I bought it. The black rose caught my eye, especially since it was shiny. I have to say, regrettably, if I had seen the book back home in American stores, I probably wouldn't have even read the back. I'm sorry, but it's just so corny. Where as the rose it's just so more mysterious and it can have so much more meaning. Needless to say, I am INCREDIBLY happy I bought the book in England. It's one of those few books that I've read that really captivates me and I'll never forget.
Back to top Go down
http://stehfeee.deviantart.com
Raschel
Raschel

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:59 pm

I so understand XP I think its cause I'm a photo major that I liked the layout of the American version.
Back to top Go down
Lita138
Lita138

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:09 am

Awww Raschel!
I didn't know you were a photo major! I got my AA in photography and my BA in Art History! No wonder we are connecting so well!!! Let me know if you ever need help! Wink
Back to top Go down
CheeseGirl
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
CheeseGirl

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:21 pm

I think it represents the girls as a whole in the story, I don't think it's of anyone at all.
It kind of lumps them all together, zombified and not.
I didn't buy mine IN a book store, I bought mine online, the plot caught my eye to begin with but when I got the hard back, I took the paper cover off and studied it.
I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:44 pm

i.d.k. i got mine... in a library...But i did see it in a Target, and wanted it, because it looked like a cool book... and it is! ooowww Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Raschel
Raschel

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:34 am

Awesome! Well I'm currently just taking an english course for my book I'm writing, so yeah. XP Once I go back to Commerce I'll ask ya though! I'll be going back to my photography studies then ^_^
Back to top Go down
LivingDead_Girl
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
LivingDead_Girl

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:28 am

I went in my barnes and nobles and the cover kept catching my eye... and finally i got it
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:52 am

sweetness
Back to top Go down
Icanhazcheezberger
Traditionally Biotic
Icanhazcheezberger

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:35 am

I think the girl on the cover is Karen. And she's in the cheerleader outfit because of what holly says.
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:25 pm

maybe
Back to top Go down
Dead_onthe_Inside
Dead_onthe_Inside

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:30 am

Mate said Yea, i dont get it but its still totally cool! Very Happy afro and i totally agree Smile
Back to top Go down
Graceanne
Traditionally Biotic
Graceanne

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:24 pm

I kind of wondered about the cover, too--I let one of my friends borrow the book and she thought that maybe it was Karen. The girl on the cover kind of looks the way she's described...maybe it's like a symbol or somethin? She's one of the more "lifelike" characters--if you will. Or maybe it's a contrast to the book itself--Generation Dead has a dark topic, but the cover uses pastels and has a cheerleader as the centerpiece...
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:54 pm

well i was talking to Alice about it, and she said that maybe it was Karen, and the reason she was in the cheerleading outfit was because of what Holly said about it.
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Icanhazcheezberger wrote:
I think the girl on the cover is Karen. And she's in the cheerleader outfit because of what holly says.

haha sorry
Back to top Go down
AliceCullen
Traditionally Biotic
AliceCullen

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:55 pm

It was actually the title that caught my eye. I was in Target a few weeks after i had finished reading the Twilight Saga and I was looking for a new book to read. Thr moment i saw the word "Dead" i picked up the book! The only way i can see the cover relate to the story is maybe its Pheobe (from the platform boots and goth makeup) and the cheer outfit is supposed to maybe symbolize her cheering for Adam or Tommy on the football team. But then again i don't know. XD
Back to top Go down
Kiera!!!!
Petting Gargoyle
Kiera!!!!

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:48 pm

omg Alice...same thing with me!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cover Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Discussion   Cover Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cover Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next