Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Make your Recommendations Here

Go down 
+13
deadred
gendeadislove
windshieldbat
HELLOsamii
Darko
kimberlymhale.abh
AliceUndead
Werewolf Moon
Karen DeSonne
Dead_onthe_Inside
LivingDead_Girl
LaurenIsAFreak
Raschel
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Raschel
The Haunted House Founder
Raschel

Make your Recommendations Here Empty
PostSubject: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Post your recommendations for books that you like. You have to follow this outline for the info though, I have a lot to do, and trying to find the information you left out takes up a lot of that. So if this is not included in your post, I will not add it to the Recommendations list.

Book/Series Title:
Author:
Genere:
Your Comments:
Back to top Go down
LaurenIsAFreak
Traditionally Biotic

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:09 am

Book/Series Title: Twilight Saga.
Author: Stephenie Meyer.
Genere: Vampire Romance.
Your Comments: These books tell the story about how the human (bella) and the vampire (edward) fall in love with each other and do what they can to stay together. this is a must read for all fans of generation DEAD! Smile Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are absolutely amazing!
:]

-LaurenIsAFreak.
-xo.
Back to top Go down
LivingDead_Girl
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
LivingDead_Girl

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:51 pm

LaurenIsAFreak wrote:
Book/Series Title: Twilight Saga.
Author: Stephenie Meyer.
Genere: Vampire Romance.
Your Comments: These books tell the story about how the human (bella) and the vampire (edward) fall in love with each other and do what they can to stay together. this is a must read for all fans of generation DEAD! Smile Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are absolutely amazing!
:]

-LaurenIsAFreak.
-xo.

love those!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dead_onthe_Inside
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
Dead_onthe_Inside

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 am

Book/Series Title: Darren Shan Saga.
Author: Darren Shan
Genre: Vampirific and cool Very Happy adventure
Your Comments: this serious follows darren shan who is normal until he steals, saves his friends and gets turned into a half-vampire. then he gets into trouble and falls in love and all sorts. THERE ARE 12 BOOKS

tongue silent Neutral Wink Rolling Eyes zombie Suspect No Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz Cool Surprised Smile Very Happy cyclops Emo nod Cute Tounge Cry shock Gonk Yelling XP XD >.< sweat drop Vein Glare
Back to top Go down
LivingDead_Girl
LivingDead_Girl

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Dead_onthe_Inside wrote:
Book/Series Title: Darren Shan Saga.
Genre: Vampirific and cool Very Happy adventure
Your Comments: this serious follows darren shan who is normal until he steals, saves his friends and gets turned into a half-vampire. then he gets into trouble and falls in love and all sorts. THERE ARE 12 BOOKS

tongue silent Neutral Wink Rolling Eyes zombie Suspect No Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz Cool Surprised Smile Very Happy cyclops Emo nod Cute Tounge Cry shock Gonk Yelling XP XD >.< sweat drop Vein Glare

ooh, i like them
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Book/Series Title: The Demonata
Genere: Horror?
Your Comments: It's an amazing series so far! Can't wait for the next one, Darren Shan is a great author and the demonata series is full of demonic thrills to keep you hooked on every word.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Werewolf Moon
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
Werewolf Moon

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Book Series/ Title : Blood and Chocolate
Author: ? I forget.
Your Comments: Amazing, absolutely incredible. One of the Best Werewolf Books out there!

BookSeries/Title : Evernight and Stargazer
Author: Gray
Your Comments: Good. A little Slow and predictable but still pretty good. It's about a vampire girl who falls in love with this boy who's in this like...CULT type thing that kills vamps. The ending is intense.

Book Series/Title : The Telling Pool
Author: David Clement-Davies
Your comments: Great!!! Talks about a boy and his adventure to find his fathers heart after he comes home from war. (weird? YES. But still very good.)
Back to top Go down
http://neighborhoodwerewolf.blogspot.com
AliceUndead
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
AliceUndead

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Book/Series Title: The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genere: Fantasy
Your Comments: This series is about a girl named Clary Fray, and her ability to see into a supposedly hidden world. At the beginning of the series, she witnesses a bizarre murder committed by some odd tattooed teens(who claim to be demon hunters) invisible to everyone but her. Then she realizes that everything is far more complicated than it seems.

Pretty much a must read for anyone who likes fantasy (or is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan).

It's definitely one of my favorite series.
Back to top Go down
kimberlymhale.abh
Listening to Margie Gab
kimberlymhale.abh

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:38 am

Book/Series Title: Wake, Fade, Gone
Author: Lisa McMann
Genre: Paranormal Romantic novel
Your Comments: •Wake: For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime. She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control. Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....
•Fade: For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck. Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open--but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both. Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability. And it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a Dream Catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd even feared...
•Gone (comes out Feb. 7, 2010): Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she'd made her peace with it. But she can't handle dragging Cabel down with her. She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He's amazing. And she's a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves--she has to disappear. And it's going to kill them both. Then a stranger enters her life--and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she'd ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kimberlyhale
Darko
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:04 am

Book: Morgan vile series PLUS Weather Warden
Author : Rachel Caine
Vampire romance and just great action.

The Vampyre by John Polidori.

Bram Stoker's 1897 novel Dracula
Back to top Go down
http://hezpaz.blogspot.com/
HELLOsamii
HELLOsamii

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:50 am

Book/Series Title: Shiver
Author: Maggie Stifvaster
Genere: Werewolf/Romance/Fantasy
Your Comments:

When Grace was little she was almost made into wolf chow. The wolf with the yellow eyes saved her of this fate. There was something about the wolves, something different. Now every year in the cold Minnesota winter Grace looks out for the wolf that saved her. This is when she meets Sam, the boy that will turn her world upside down.

Book/Series Title: Once A Witch
Author: carolyn MacCullough
Your Comments:

Tamsin Greene is an outsider either way you look at it. To the people in her town she is part of a great family of witches. To her family she is the only one without a Talent. Tamsin wants to prove herself that she is worthy of her family name even though she is without talent. The chance to to prove herself comes with a stranger in her family book store. Tamsin learns that everything is never as it seems.
Back to top Go down
windshieldbat
Traditionally Biotic
windshieldbat

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:35 am

Book/Series Title: Cant Get There from Here
Author: Todd Strasser
Genre: Homeless Kids
Comments: Can't Get There From Here is a vivid painting of street-life, as a tribe of kids who are homeless trying to survive the Manhattan winter the best they can.
Personal Opinion: Very well written. The characters made me fall in love with them, and feel compassion for them.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/windshieldbat
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh, God. There are so many. Here's just a few!

Book/Series Title: Ruined
Author: Paula Morris
Genre: Mytery/Drama maybe? idk . . .
Comments: Addicting, amazing, really good story-line. I couldn't put it down. It started out a little slow, but then WOW. i can't even describe it.
It's about a girl who goes to live in New Orleans, meets a ghost, and finds out about her past and is sucked into the world full of dark secrets and mysterious histories.

Book/Series Title: Wintergirls
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
Genre: Dramatic? not really.
Comments: Inspirational, eye-opening, really good.
It's about a girl struggling with both anorexia and the death of her friend, who was bulimic.

Book/Series Title: Kissed By an Angel series
Author: Elizabeth Chandler
Genere: Romance
Your Comments: Amazing, heart-warming, the love is able to be felt through the pages.
It's about a girl who believes very much in angels and whose boyfriend dies in a car accident. He becomes an angel and has to save her from death since his 'accident' was really not one, and it was meant for his girlfriend to die, not him.

Jeeze, there are so many more, but I'll add some later!!

Last edited by gendeadislove on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:24 pm

got just one more for now.

Book/Series Title: Firespell (Novel of the Dark Elite)
Author: Chloe Neill
Your Comments: really great, well-written, addicting.
It's about a girl who goes to boarding school while her parents are in Germany for two years with work. While she's away, she gets cought in the middle of a fight between two magical groups.

will pobably add more later.
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:06 pm

So many.
Book: Skinned
Back to top Go down
http://www.Hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
Steff
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
Steff

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:35 pm

I really liked the book Hush,Hush by Becca fitzpatrick.
I totally recommend it.
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I recomend Crank.
Back to top Go down
kixez_dead
Dealing with Pete in the Locker room
kixez_dead

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 pm

I recommend Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 7:36 pm

I recomend any book by Lurlene McDaniel. Almost all of her books make me cry.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:20 pm

i love A Rose for Melinda by her. so amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:59 am

I really like Gail Giles, she's really good. Anything by her, for sure!
Back to top Go down
Bennett
Finding out about Julie
Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:16 pm

deadred wrote:
I recomend any book by Lurlene McDaniel. Almost all of her books make me cry.

i love her books but there so sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make your Recommendations Here   Make your Recommendations Here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make your Recommendations Here
Page 1 of 1