Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

For those who have finished Passing Strange

Go down 
+11
EvilGu
ZombieBroad
x.ZombieOli.x
ZombieTchaikovsky
Bennett
JulieMarie
born2lose479
Lucky4193
west_haven
lilmermaid246
gendeadislove
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

For those who have finished Passing Strange Empty
PostSubject: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:26 pm

i dying (ha ha no pun intended) to talk to someone about this. so much happened!!!
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:26 pm

this to see what i have to say. some are spoilers.
Spoiler:

okay. thats all i can think of at the moment that i couldnt contain any longer.

Last edited by gendeadislove on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilmermaid246
Traditionally Biotic
lilmermaid246

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:30 pm

What is going on with Pete at the end of the book? What is going on with his skin/scar/body? I am I the only one who doesn't get it? Please explain.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:53 pm

i dont get it either. i was soooo confused!!!!
Back to top Go down
west_haven
Traditionally Biotic
west_haven

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:26 pm

It practically made my day when Karen finally confided to us readers that her love was a girl. When I read the word "Monica" I jumped up and cheered, no lie.

Me being a lesbian myself, whenever I read a series, I often times wish some of the girls of the series to hook up, mostly just for kicks. In the second book, when Karen kissed Phoebe.... I sat there with my jaw on the floor and then I reread that page a million times. But for that, for Karen's sexuality to be something other than straight, wow. I love that this series took a character that we all know and love and said "oh yeah and by the way, I'm in love with a girl." It shows that it is indeed normal and just because a character is gay, it doesn't mean they're a bad or negative character. So props to you, Mr. Waters, you totally rock for doing such a thing like this.

From the beginning of this new book, I thought it sounded weird how Karen's love was referred to. They were never referred to as a gender, no "he" or "him", and in my head I was like "oh yeah it's totally a girl. No, actually, I just want it to be, and it probably isn't. Anyway, read on!" Then on the page where it talks about her love kissing a boy, my eyes got wide and then I thew a party, haha.

I will probably have to reread this book very soon, because everything else paled in comparison to Karen's story. I loved loved loved loved the ending, because that is just the best thing for two people to find each other once again. I do hope Karen and Monica pop up again in the next book, not just because I want to see the couple, but Karen is such a great character to be left out of the future books!
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:29 am

wow. i agree with you. there should be more books with gays and lesbians. that would show that its okay to be who you really are inside and not be ashamed of it. i am not a lesbian, but i love gays and lesbians because i love anyone who isnt afraid to be who they are.
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:14 pm

OK, so I loved this book soo much! I think its my favorite out of all of them soo far! Cannot wait for the next one to come out, whatever it is called...and also the thing with Pete! What a [insert dirty word]! I mean he faked being all sad and regretful and sorry at the end to get in their good graces and fool them into thinking he had turned a new leaf but he's only planning to do to them what Karen did to him. Trick them by gaining their trust. He only turned them in to make them believe all his lies!!! And then him and 'The Rev' have plans for Oakvale. But honestly I think Pete has gone over the crazy edge already cause hes all hallucinating!!! I honestly finished this book today and I really words cannot convey how much I loved it. I could not even put it down for two seconds, no lie! I went without sleep for this book and it was worth it!
Back to top Go down
born2lose479
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
born2lose479

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:33 pm

what up gen dead fans. i totally forgot when to expect the passing strange book to be released. when i seen it, just had to buy it. glad we were able to see karens perspective in this installment. kinda thought she liked girls. she was hinting around to it in past books. and in a way, its a good way to let tak down without casting him aside. i kinda think petes dead girlfriend might be one of the undead. he did grab a picture of a girl of the wall at the haunted house. seriously think it might be the 1! and i think tak might go and tell his family that he's a zombie. and for karen to be healing and her heart to start back up is just tripping me out. not sure where this will all lead but i will for sure be waiting for another book!
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am

I'll be waiting as well.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:24 am

i think i can safely assume we are all very much excited and not-so patiently awaiting the next book
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:21 pm

ill agree with your safely assuming.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 am

totally
Back to top Go down
JulieMarie
Writing Tommy a poem
JulieMarie

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:43 pm

hotdarn, i was so shocked with karen. & that part with pete at the end, i was sitting in my moms car with a deranged look on my face, i didnt get it.i also started to like pete a little bit at the end, did anyone else?
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:27 pm

i didnt start liking pete. i dont think i ever will be able to even think about liking him
Back to top Go down
JulieMarie
Writing Tommy a poem
JulieMarie

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:34 pm

ah, well darn. i thought he softening up to the DB people when he was in the room with all the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Bennett
Finding out about Julie
Bennett

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:58 pm

I think he was starting to feel a little sympathetic for DB people but I don't think I could like him.
Back to top Go down
JulieMarie
Writing Tommy a poem
JulieMarie

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:22 pm

oh,
Back to top Go down
ZombieTchaikovsky
Traditionally Biotic
ZombieTchaikovsky

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I definitely agree with the idea that Julie IS "alive".
And when Karen and Monica reunited, I started jumping around my living room.
(:
Book four, I'm waiting for you!!!
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
Standing in front of flying tomatoes
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 am

west_haven wrote:
It practically made my day when Karen finally confided to us readers that her love was a girl. When I read the word "Monica" I jumped up and cheered, no lie.

Me being a lesbian myself, whenever I read a series, I often times wish some of the girls of the series to hook up, mostly just for kicks. In the second book, when Karen kissed Phoebe.... I sat there with my jaw on the floor and then I reread that page a million times. But for that, for Karen's sexuality to be something other than straight, wow. I love that this series took a character that we all know and love and said "oh yeah and by the way, I'm in love with a girl." It shows that it is indeed normal and just because a character is gay, it doesn't mean they're a bad or negative character. So props to you, Mr. Waters, you totally rock for doing such a thing like this.

From the beginning of this new book, I thought it sounded weird how Karen's love was referred to. They were never referred to as a gender, no "he" or "him", and in my head I was like "oh yeah it's totally a girl. No, actually, I just want it to be, and it probably isn't. Anyway, read on!" Then on the page where it talks about her love kissing a boy, my eyes got wide and then I thew a party, haha.

I will probably have to reread this book very soon, because everything else paled in comparison to Karen's story. I loved loved loved loved the ending, because that is just the best thing for two people to find each other once again. I do hope Karen and Monica pop up again in the next book, not just because I want to see the couple, but Karen is such a great character to be left out of the future books!

yeah same. i love how Karen turns out to be a lesbian.
simply because i'm in love with her ... but ... still.
it's great.
and yeah, hopefully she's in the future books
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
Standing in front of flying tomatoes
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:26 am

ZombieTchaikovsky wrote:
I definitely agree with the idea that Julie IS "alive".
And when Karen and Monica reunited, I started jumping around my living room.
(:
Book four, I'm waiting for you!!!

yeah,. same ... i reckon Julie's alive.
one question. you know how Pete's at the Haunted House.
and he's looking at the wall of dead.
and he's squinting at the picture and then his jaw drops.
was he looking at a picture of Julie?
cuz that's what i'm thinking.
and that's why i think Julie's ALIVE and living her undeath.

hahaha. I love the last sentence of your comment

BOOK FOUR. I'M WAITING FOR YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZombieBroad
Traditionally Biotic
ZombieBroad

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:52 pm

I'd love to find out that Julie is DB. LOVE. Put I still think Pete is the bad kind of insane, like hallucinating and what not.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:12 pm

definitely the bad kind of insane, unlike me, im insane in a good/fun way
Back to top Go down
lilmermaid246
Traditionally Biotic
lilmermaid246

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:17 am

Was I the only one who figured out she was talking about a girl part way through the book?
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:01 pm

i did. when she said something about seeing "you" kissing a boy so im like either karen is talking about being in love with a girl, or the guy was gay
Back to top Go down
ZombieBroad
Traditionally Biotic
ZombieBroad

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I figured it out pretty early on as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who have finished Passing Strange
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next