Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher Empty
PostSubject: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:02 pm

did anyone read this?? so amazing. if you havent read it i suggest you do.
id love to discuss it with someone!
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
Bennett
Finding out about Julie
Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:18 pm

i read this book for the first time this year and i adore it!
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:28 pm

i just finished it friday! sooooooo Amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 pm

I read this like in freshman year or somehting like that? So maybe two years ago maybe more but Im not good with time so I could totally be off. But I really thought this was sad. How the guy was all like I noticed, I knew, I loved you, why did you do this?!? I was like awww~
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:59 am

i know it was so sad but also really sweet.
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:14 am

Cause no one ever had anything bad to say about the main character. But the one guy could have stopped her! He got the tapes and she was at school that day! He could have stopped her and he didnt!
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:03 am

i guess he felt that she made up her mind and wouldnt be able to, but he could have at least tried.
Back to top Go down
Bennett
Finding out about Julie
Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:21 am

maybe he was alittle freaked and the thought never crossed his mind.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:39 am

thats probably it too
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:54 pm

It made me cry
The only book thats ever done that lol
It was so sad, and by the end I was so mad at Hannah for putting um Jack (...is that his name?) through all of that.
She didn't even try to like make her life work, she just gave up, but I loved the book nontheless lol
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:04 pm

sometimes it isn't always possible to change your life in a way like that if you are too far gone . . .
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:29 pm

well, to me it didn't seem like she was that far away from the world, i thought that if she reached out even a little it would have made some difference. And i know she tried with that counselor teacher dude but he didn't realize the situation so how could he have possibly helped her at all?
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:25 pm

i kinda get why she did. it was a lot of internal problems that werent helped by the way people were to her. i get where shes coming from. and she probably didnt know how to approach the problems to try to fix them. a lot of people dont. and another problem was that she wasnt honest with herself and she didnt have anyone she could go to and be completely and totally honest with.
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:12 pm

well i do understand what your saying, its all very logical, i just wasn't happy that she couldn't see that life was worth living for. And not to mention the people who got those tapes probably now have some issues of their own, knowing that what they said or did caused one person to commit suicide.... that's got to be tough
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:15 pm

well i was just talking her side. some people feel that life could never be worth all the misery.
and yes, of course they all will have issues now, but she felt they needed to know and didnt care about how they feel because they put her through pain and i guess it was her form of payback, though i dont think what she did was right
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 pm

well i personally don't think that you should ever under any circumstances commit suicide but of course everyone doesn't think the same way...
i don't think what she did was right either, i mean i guess on some level they deserved to know, but it could have been executed a little differently without hurting so many people
she could have been the stronger person, not hurting someone back just because they hurt you
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm

i dont believe suicide is ever the right answer either and i dont think it was right to send out the tapes, while revenge could be sweet it could also be torturous . . .
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:27 pm

yea and it especially was torturous for the one person who didn't even deserve to be on the tapes (i still can't remember his name....? >_<)
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

i think his name was Clay . . . not positive . . . and yeah he was in agony as he listened and he never really did anything. . . .
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 pm

YEAH!
that's it! lol
I wasn't even close.
Yea i know, i liked the guy at the milkshake shop, he let clay go without paying because he knew he was going through a rough time
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:30 pm

yeah he was really nice
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 pm

i know, he seemed so distraught by the end of the book . . .
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:16 pm

he was and i felt so bad for him Sad
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:45 pm

same here Sad
but i bet anything he'll find love again
and when he does whoever he is with will heal that part of his heart
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:31 pm

i really hope so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher   Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thirteen Reasns Why by Jay Asher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation Dead Forums :: Extra Curricular Activities :: Library-
Jump to: