Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

The Lovely Bones

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shamsy
Traditionally Biotic

The Lovely Bones Empty
PostSubject: The Lovely Bones   The Lovely Bones I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Name of the book: The lovely bones (obviously:P)
Type: Fiction

Well, I saw the trailer of the movie lately, and i handn't heard about this book or movie before, and seeing that i always like to read the book first, i bought it.
It's the story of a young girl, about 8, who is called Sally Salmon. She gets raped then killed by her neighbour, an old sick man. The thing is, she is not dead, she is stuck in the in between, a sort of heaven, but she can still see her family and go on earth. She also watches her killer commit other attrocities. Her family however, tries for years to find her then find out who killed her, and slowly breaks appart. she is then confronted with two choices: revenging on her killer or leaving so her family can move on.
I really liked it, it was a touching story and it was really well written. You guys should check it out:) Have a good evening.
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

The Lovely Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones   The Lovely Bones I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:32 pm

I read the book first in 6th grade because my friends harassed me. It really is a good book and it is based on another book she wrote called Lucky. I recomend it, but caution to all, it is grusome and a memoir of what really happened to the author.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

The Lovely Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones   The Lovely Bones I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 pm

I thought Susie was more like 14 not eight cause that just seems a bit too young. I mean she was in High School when it happen,correct? At least Middle School. Also I would say she is pretty dead still stuck in the inbetween but still pretty much dead none-the-less. I didnt like how in the movie they don't give a reason as to why the killer is the way he is. They should have added that part for sure.
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

The Lovely Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones   The Lovely Bones I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:43 pm

I watched the movie, and it disappointed me. It wasn't really like the book at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

The Lovely Bones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones   The Lovely Bones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lovely Bones
Page 1 of 1