Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Vampire Academy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilGu
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Crappy title, really terrible book covers with real people on them (I HATE that), but honest-to-god, one of the best series I've ever read!

Vampire Diaries left me wanting a bit more form the characters. The "Marked" books annoyed me into giving up by book three. But VA is one vamp book that has more than enough interesting twists and creates a great world for the characters. She uses real Slavic words for Vampires and creates a world with Strigoi, Moroi, and Dhampirs.

Like Generation Dead, this series says something about equal rights and classism. But unlike the characters from GD, these characters were raised to believe these differances were simply natural. Dhampirs never stop to think that maybe it's not right that they always have to die to protect the Moroi. And MOroi never stop to think that perhaps they should learn to defend themselves. Afterall, they have freakin magic for god sake!

Then there are the individual characters. I LOVE Dimitri and Rose, although I know lately a lot of Adrian/Rose fans have been created. Honestly? The fact that Dimitri would be healed and return to Rose was obvious to me from the first moment we learned he went Strigoi. About as obvious as "Yes, Harry. Yes, Living things CAN be Horcrux's. Wink wink."

I love Rose, because she's a tough, badass girl who can battle with the toughest guys and KNOWS she's damn hot while she does it. This is a complete 180 from the usual shy, self-concious girl with dark hair and pale skin that's been so common lately. Not that those types are particularly bad! I LOVE Pheobe...but VA's Rose has gained mad respect from me.

Like Buffy, but half Turkish. Kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Watching Tommy play Football
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 pm

OMG I feel the same way!
I love Rose because she is so determined and tough, but I was a little disappointed with her in Blood Promise, how she was Dimitri's blood whore. I still love her never the less!
I loved the whole series they are awesome and have a lot of action
My favorite character is Christian, I don't know why but I am in love with him. I don't care if his parents were Strigoi I would still love him. He can be a little over-reactive in the books but that just a concerned boyfriend for you.
I feel bad for Lissa, she has it bad with her power but at least Rose is there when Lissa needs her the most.
Ugh, there is so much to say about these books that my dead little fingers can hardly handle all of it Lol
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Blaze wrote:
OMG I feel the same way!
I love Rose because she is so determined and tough, but I was a little disappointed with her in Blood Promise, how she was Dimitri's blood whore. I still love her never the less!
I loved the whole series they are awesome and have a lot of action
My favorite character is Christian, I don't know why but I am in love with him. I don't care if his parents were Strigoi I would still love him. He can be a little over-reactive in the books but that just a concerned boyfriend for you.
I feel bad for Lissa, she has it bad with her power but at least Rose is there when Lissa needs her the most.
Ugh, there is so much to say about these books that my dead little fingers can hardly handle all of it Lol

I know, when she was all drugged up...she was really making me frustrated! The worse part of the last book was that I didn't KNOW what I wanted her to do! I wanted her to be with Dimitri, but at the same time I wanted her to kill him...It was confusing me to no end! I do still like him, and I hope she ends up with him in the end...though I know there are many adrian fans right now. I like Adrian, and I'm sure she'll give him a chance...but she's just meant to be with Dimitri, you know?
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 pm

I felt the same way, I was like "he kills people now, so kill him!" but then when he did kinda start to act like he cared for her I was like "aww he loves Rose!"
Ugh so confusing
I don't know what is going to happen to him in the next book. I just wish he gets back to his old self which I don't think will happen, but you never know
I think its really cute how Adrian loves Rose so much, I think he loves her like Dimitri loved her. And I do hope she gives him a chance, even if it will kinda be awkward to her to start dating again
and I agree with you, I think Rose's heart will always belong with Dimitri and his to her
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:19 am

It was obvious to me that Lissa could fix him since the moment we knew he went strigoi! Come on, Rose! She acts like it's a new concept that someone who is strogoi (died) can become normal (alive) again. But we've known forever that Lissa can brings things back from the dead! It makes perfect sense! I was frustrated it took her so long to figure it out. I'm sure they'll bring Dimitri back...but what will be the concequences? Can he live with himself after he's killed so many people? After he's spent so long in the mindset that human life is worthless?
Also, will he be shadow-kissed like Rose?
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Oh My Gosh, that's a good question
I think Rose will find a way to get Dimitri back to normal but I think that if he was shadow kissed to Lissa that it would cause problems in Rose's and his relationship
But then there is poor Adrian, if Dimitri does come back there is really no chance for him and Rose.
I think deep inside it would trouble Dimitri that he did kill so many humans but he will be happy just to be with Rose again as himself, though I don't know if the Guardians will take him back since he was " dead" to them, it would be weird for him to just show up and explaining that he was a Strigoi but is now a Dhampir again.
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:33 am

Blaze wrote:
Oh My Gosh, that's a good question
I think Rose will find a way to get Dimitri back to normal but I think that if he was shadow kissed to Lissa that it would cause problems in Rose's and his relationship
But then there is poor Adrian, if Dimitri does come back there is really no chance for him and Rose.
I think deep inside it would trouble Dimitri that he did kill so many humans but he will be happy just to be with Rose again as himself, though I don't know if the Guardians will take him back since he was " dead" to them, it would be weird for him to just show up and explaining that he was a Strigoi but is now a Dhampir again.

Hmm....but he could always lie and just say he was "captured" by the strigoi. No Guardians actually saw him go all evil.

yeah, the Adrian things gonna be a bumme, but I really don;t think Rose is in love with him. I don't know, I'm torn. I really like Adrian, but....Dimitri is also full of cool. There's no way they could NOT bring Dimitri back, at least. Now that we know there's a way, if they killed him off I think it would just be way too awful...
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:28 pm

It would destroy Rose if they did kill him and there was still a way to save him
Adrian, poor guy He loves Rose so much but, yeah... I don't think she will ever love him as she loves Dimitri
Though I thought the Guardians saw him...you know being bit or either taken away or something because they were sure he was dead... but you never know
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Blaze wrote:
It would destroy Rose if they did kill him and there was still a way to save him
Adrian, poor guy He loves Rose so much but, yeah... I don't think she will ever love him as she loves Dimitri
Though I thought the Guardians saw him...you know being bit or either taken away or something because they were sure he was dead... but you never know

I think they just didn't find him, and so assumed he was a goner.
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:14 pm

And if thats so, then they would probley take him back in and be all like "Oh My Gosh, what happened!?!" and if he plays his story right he'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Blaze wrote:
And if thats so, then they would probley take him back in and be all like "Oh My Gosh, what happened!?!" and if he plays his story right he'll be good to go.

yepyep. Except for the horrible, gut-wrenching guilt, he'll be A-ok. >.<
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:40 am

Yeah, besides that. He's probley never gonna leave the church when he comes back.
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:56 am

Blaze wrote:
Yeah, besides that. He's probley never gonna leave the church when he comes back.

Oh, that's right! I forgot about his religious side. I just hope he forgives himself for all he did to Rose. I hope he doesn't pull any "I'm not good enough for you now" crao. I want them to end up together! Happy ending FTW!
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Haha Yeah lets just hope he is not going to go all Edward Cullen on her and be " You will be better off with out me because I hurt you"
I hope that he forgives him self and goes back to the way he was
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 am

Blaze wrote:
Haha Yeah lets just hope he is not going to go all Edward Cullen on her and be " You will be better off with out me because I hurt you"
I hope that he forgives him self and goes back to the way he was

It's entirely possible that he'll leave her for some sort of twisted atonement or some crap...leaving the way for Adrian. I just don't know! I wish there were two Rose's, cause I do like adrian! And when he started liking that other girl who turned out to be all evil...i was getting pissed. I don't know why but it frustrated me to no end! I don't really want Rose to chose him, but I don't want him with a previously unintroduced character either! I'm full of conflict! Gonk

If him and Rose date for a while, I think I'll be happy. But I don't want her to ultimately chose him...
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

I feel the same way!
She is like torn between two...
I would hate to be in her perdicament (sorry for my spelling, but I hope you got my point)
I never liked that evil girl. Even when she did not seem evil I just did not like her (sorry again, I forgot her name, but you know who Im talking about)
Ugh so much Drama for poor Rose
sweat drop
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
EvilGu

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:40 pm

yeah, I didn't like her either. (not even enough to remember her name!)

I hate characters that are introduced out of the blue! Especially potential love interests that could draw guys away form the main character....If she hadn't turned out to be evil, I might have been rather annoyed with the author. But she did, so good job! >.<
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Blaze

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:55 pm

I know, Im happy she was evil cause I did not want Adrain with her I want him to be with Rose, but I also want Rose to be with Dimitri
Ugh its a giant love triangle! but Im soo glad that whats her evil face went bye bye and got her butt kicked too
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Well since there's the only the two of you I'm going to jump in and start saying what i think of the book. Do you think if Dimitri does come back and is shadow-kissed does that mean that what happened to that crazy evil chick, that was a potential love interest to Adrian,will happen to Lissa and Rose as well?!? Also I wonder if Christian and Lissa will get back together!~ I want them too soo bad! Also if Adrian doesn't end up with Rose who will he end up with? Who was the girl who slept with the two guys to get them to spread lies about Lissa who know lives at like the council place or w.e. ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I READ THEM! I cant remember anything...no!!!!
Back to top Go down
brittanyislikesotrad
Hearing about Tommy's Eye

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Vampire Academy is MY favorite series, hands down. Ohhh, Dimitri.. <3 I hope they don't execute Rose !! :O I'm sure they won't though... right? & They better get back together. He is so sexy.
Back to top Go down
darkangel24
See it through my eyes
darkangel24

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 am

I love this series. I so wish I could find someone that is like Dimitri.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire Academy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy?   Vampire Academy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy?
Page 1 of 1