Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

For those who have finished Passing Strange

Go down 
+11
EvilGu
ZombieBroad
x.ZombieOli.x
ZombieTchaikovsky
Bennett
JulieMarie
born2lose479
Lucky4193
west_haven
lilmermaid246
gendeadislove
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lilmermaid246
Traditionally Biotic
lilmermaid246

For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:27 pm

OMG KAREN HEARTBEAT... THAT ENDING WAS MEAN TO THOSE US WHO ARE IMPATIENT ... I WANT MORE. No What a Face
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
EvilGu

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:08 am

I assumed Karen was bi from book one. I was wrong. I would be happy if the girl she loved was someone we know, but I just can't get into a pairing where we don't know the other girl. I think I'm just bitter that my ship was sunk (Tak/Karen).

In any case, there definitely needs to be more LGBT characters in YA novels. I applaud Daniel for the courage to create a book (one that's not in an LGBT section of your local bookstore, but up in the same spot as all the other YA novels) where a lesbian is not only a main character, but one where we see in her POV. It's fantastic, and Karen's story was touching.

Unfortunatly, Tak's story was also touching, and it was heart-wrenching to finally be given that bit of hope towards my ship: he loved her.
And then to have that hope shattered: She could never love him.
Ouch. Very good realism, Mr. Waters, but it brought me more pain as a reader than Snape knocking off Dumbledore lol. Course, that was probably the point.

I want to see a happy ending for Tak in the next book. It might not be in the works, but I still want it... he's my favorite character. I feel that he has a lot of depth to him, and I completely love him.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:33 am

same. i wish there could have been something between Karen and Tak. i would have loved it, i mean that's where my inspiration for my gen dead poem came from . . . but alas, it will never be Cry
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
BabyBear54
Dealing with Pete in the Locker room
BabyBear54

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:37 pm

you are now my best friend who ever said they agreed with the idea of julie being alive i mean helllloooooo the picture pete took off the wall matched her disciption!!!!!! Yelling
Back to top Go down
BabyBear54
Dealing with Pete in the Locker room
BabyBear54

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:15 pm

i knew she was because the way she was discribing her "love" it was like i was just taken aback for a while she kissed phoee and she was like i love her but not love love i was ust like Begging so amazed by it absolutly love i really hope the publisher let there be another book! i hope monica and her are happppyyyyyy noooowww!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LittleMissHyde
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
LittleMissHyde

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:41 pm

I can't believe I don't think I've posted here yet! Neutral

This book made me squee louder than a rabid fangirl. Seriously. I love how Karen turned out to be gay (or bi? She did kidna like Tommy) and I actually stayed up til 6 in the morning one night in tears over some of the parts.
I really hope there'll be a happy ending for Tak, since people think he's such a mean guy most of the time but he's showing more and more of his awesomely good side :>whee<: and I agree on the thought that in book 4 he'll possibly go see his family. I hope so Very Happy Oh, and did anyone else read the part about his last name? Unless I dreamed it... I find it hilarious that I somehow might have managed to guess his last name before even the second book came out. I just read the policeman's dialogue and thought "Takayuki Niharu... WAIT, WHAT THE ####?!"

And kinda glad that Pete's starting to see the light a little, even if he is still a total ass. I still wanna punch him in the face hard enough to leave a permanent dent, but it made me happy to see him admit to a lot of the stuff he did and say sorry.
Back to top Go down
CyndieBee
Listening to Margie Gab
CyndieBee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:21 am

I've finished the book a long time ago but didn't post anything here, so...

Lol, I've had my idea on Karen at first sight XD ... and she did kiss Phoebe in the second book.
As for Pete, well... even though it's Julie's description we have for the picture, I'm pretty sure it's just Pete's own fantasy. At the end of the book, he's clearly loosing is mind, seeing things that aren't there and all... I don't think Julie is alive.
Poor Tak, my heart broke with his! O_O I was hoping he would find out before he was "too" in love, but guess he didn't. (I think Tommy knew about Karen, I'm I the only one to think that?)
I hope Takayuki found his family. Ah, poor little Tak, you just want to hug him ans say that everything is going to be alright. ^^

I want another book... There's just so much thing I want to know. And Tommy's Blog isn't updating very often (and It's mostly Margi's adventures).
Anybody has read the shorts stories? Are they cool? (they surly seem interesting! ^^)
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:56 pm

we NEED another book! The story can't be over! And the blog posts and short stories just aren't enough. I haven't read the short stories that you get with the ebooks, but I did read "Many Happy Returns" in the "Kiss Me Deadly" anthology. It wasn't about the GenDead characters, but it was the same zombie-ism stuff, and that was really good! I'm trying to talk my friend into getting the ebooks so i can read the stories!
Back to top Go down
CyndieBee
Listening to Margie Gab
CyndieBee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:22 am

I wan't them too... I should buy them... again.
(I told my boyfriend about it and he said: Well, go ahead! Neutral ... then I also told my mom and one of my sister and they said: Buy them, then. What are you waiting for? Laughing ... Ok, so basically, They're telling me to buy 'immaterial' books that I already have (more or less 20$ each) at more are less 10$... just for little stories? Do they think I'm rich are something?!?!)

Life cruel... What should I do? Are they worth it? (totally!!!... but how many pages do they have? 10$ for 10 pages that I will have to read on my pc or my ipod doesn't sound so cool (and expensive) I really hope there's more than 10 pages! O_O (And I want a fourth book too!)

I think I'll just buy the one in Passing Strange (because it features Popeye lol XD)

Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:01 pm

i don't even have anything to read ebooks on, well, that's a lie. i could use my ipod. i don't really like ebooks though. i prefer to hold and actual book and feel its pages. is that odd?
Back to top Go down
CyndieBee
Listening to Margie Gab
CyndieBee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 pm

No I feel the same. I don't like buying something that I can't touch.. it's like it doesn't exist. And the only thing I've read on my ipod is facebook's reply (and Tommy's blog...) and now I've got a Blackberry for my birthday that read things too but still, I prefer paper. New books smells nice. lol XD

Do you think he will put the stories in the paperback version? (there not released yet .. no?)
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 am

I love the smell of books!!!
I know GD and KoL are already ou in paperback, at least in the States, but PS is not yet.
Back to top Go down
CyndieBee
Listening to Margie Gab
CyndieBee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm still debating if i'll buy it or not... lol ^^'
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

I'd say if you're debating this much, don't buy it. You don't want to regret it later.
Back to top Go down
CyndieBee
Listening to Margie Gab
CyndieBee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:26 pm

The only thing I'm regretting right now is not reading those short stories.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:23 am

Yeah I really want to read them too.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissHyde
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
LittleMissHyde

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:07 am

I know what you mean about the smell of books, love it study

Oh my god I didn't even know there were any short stories! Son of a... shows how much attention I pay Vein
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:12 pm

haha i religiously check dan's and tommy's blogs, so that's how i found out! haha also, thanks to that, i was able to win a signed copy of Passing Strange!! Dan even drew a picture of a zombie in it!!
Back to top Go down
haleebug99
Traditionally Biotic

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 10:00 pm

So I just finished this book because I had read the first two and could not find any store that had its and finally I got it and omg I feel so bad for Takayuki Sad he really loved Karen!! I also really love Karen and how in this book it changed from the perspective of phoebe and Adam and tommy to Karen and Takayuki and tayshawnand Popeye. I can not wait until the fourth book comes out!!! I really hope Pete doesn't kill Tak or any of the other differently biotic!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who have finished Passing Strange   For those who have finished Passing Strange - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who have finished Passing Strange
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2