Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Passing Strange theories.

Go down 
+4
Axel
tnybutdangerous
gendeadislove
deadred
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:30 pm

i already am on like chapter 10!!! AMAZING SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
NeviahNeviFan
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
NeviahNeviFan

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 pm

So how far are people into Passing Strange now? What are your impressions thus far?

**WARNING: Possible spoilers for first half of the book in the following rant!**
One more quick thing: I'm very sorry if I offed anyone by my following rant. Personally I'm about half way through (I think I just finished chapter 14 or something), and honestly I'm sort of disappointed. I don't know, I think I kind of miss the frequent changing between the three perspectives; that and I was never really a Karen fan. Why read a book that is clearly focused on her when I knew it was focused on a character I was not a fan of? I just want to read the whole series of books so I'm not in the dark on the events that happen within. It may also seem to me like there's too much on her past "love" or whatever, and I do understand it helps us further understand Karen's character, and does have some relevance, but I'm more interested in the differently biotic people's cause than her personal life. Now, I don't want to sound like one of those people that comes on forums just show my disapproval of something the people on said forum clearly like. I mean I adored Generation Dead and Kiss of Life; I guess I'm just saying that I didn't post to rip on the books or the series but was curious if I was alone in my disappointment surrounding this particular installment.

Last edited by NeviahNeviFan on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 pm

im on like 11 or 12. didnt get to read much cuz i have exams. and i just came home from the adam lambert concert!! AMAZING!!! back to the topic. i really like it so far, but im a major karen fan. i also miss the jumping from character to character. i hope to read a lot more this weekend if i ever calm down from the concert!! Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:23 am

NeviahNeviFan wrote:
So how far are people into Passing Strange now? What are your impressions thus far?

**WARNING: Possible spoilers for first half of the book in the following rant!**
One more quick thing: I'm very sorry if I offed anyone by my following rant. Personally I'm about half way through (I think I just finished chapter 14 or something), and honestly I'm sort of disappointed. I don't know, I think I kind of miss the frequent changing between the three perspectives; that and I was never really a Karen fan. Why read a book that is clearly focused on her when I knew it was focused on a character I was not a fan of? I just want to read the whole series of books so I'm not in the dark on the events that happen within. It may also seem to me like there's too much on her past "love" or whatever, and I do understand it helps us further understand Karen's character, and does have some relevance, but I'm more interested in the differently biotic people's cause than her personal life. Now, I don't want to sound like one of those people that comes on forums just show my disapproval of something the people on said forum clearly like. I mean I adored Generation Dead and Kiss of Life; I guess I'm just saying that I didn't post to rip on the books or the series but was curious if I was alone in my disappointment surrounding this particular installment.

Totally get where you're coming from on the waay too much past love, we get it, you killed yourself over this person and i get your depressed but stop mentioning it and let the story progress, you're moving at a positively glacial pace. And then I totally called it when she became a lesbian. I was like I knew it couldn't have been a man! I mean she practically tongued Pheobe!? And at the end of the book when Monica saw her and she was just so accepting of her return I mean wouldn't you be a bit more taken aback, I don't think they ever mentioned if Monica knew that Karen had returned so if she did or did not I still think she would have been a bit more flabbergasted...but thats just me and im just saying...
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
Standing in front of flying tomatoes
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:11 am

maybe Julie's been alive all along. [well as alive as a zombie can be]... that's something to think about. [maybe we'll see her in book 4]
Back to top Go down
li_the_deadly
Listening to Margie Gab

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:33 pm

x.ZombieOli.x wrote:
maybe Julie's been alive all along. [well as alive as a zombie can be]... that's something to think about. [maybe we'll see her in book 4]

I've been wondering if that was the case since she was brought up. How would he know, really? Just because she didn't go straight to him doesn't mean she didn't come back. And if she's "alive" but staying away, then she's better off. But I wonder what would happen if she did return... I think Pete wondered the same thing at some point in the books.
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:15 pm

li_the_deadly wrote:
x.ZombieOli.x wrote:

I've been wondering if that was the case since she was brought up. How would he know, really? Just because she didn't go straight to him doesn't mean she didn't come back. And if she's "alive" but staying away, then she's better off. But I wonder what would happen if she did return... I think Pete wondered the same thing at some point in the books.

i'm hoping that she is alive... and the fact that's she's alive makes him less anti-zombie...
but i still hate him.
Back to top Go down
li_the_deadly
Listening to Margie Gab

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Yeah, me too. But I still wouldn't like him either. I just don't think there's any way he could ever redeem himself after all he's done. It's easier to wish he'd disappear. And I wonder what he'd think about it all if HE became a zombie.
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:26 pm

maybe he'd kill himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passing Strange theories.   Passing Strange theories. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passing Strange theories.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2