Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

"What is it like... to be alive?"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
windshieldbat
Traditionally Biotic
windshieldbat

"What is it like... to be alive?" Empty
PostSubject: "What is it like... to be alive?"   "What is it like... to be alive?" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm Cheri Lee. This is a forum, so you can just call me bat, or wb.
I've been a diehard GD fan since mid 2008.

I'm known at school by some people as the platinum blonde haired girl with the "READ" poster of the similar looking dead girl on it. The Librarians, knowing how much I read, volunteered me to sign up to be one of their people for a "READ" poster.

I have read over 2/3rd of my schools library, and own a collection of over 500 books -- Generation Dead is the most well written and creative storyline I have come across in my history of reading. (I am not a fan of Twilight or any other Stephanie Meyer monstrosities -- don't get me started.)

My READ poster, and the fact that I have reread GD and Kiss of Life both three times (so I am seen carrying it) have actually caused a chain reaction of not only my friends but complete strangers checking out the books at our school and falling in love with them.
A friend of mine, Kylie, is obsessed now. Can't stop talking about it.

I'm not one to roleplay pretending I'm a zombie online, no no. If I want to write, I'm going to write a story, not participate in the meanwhile.

My favourite character is Tommy. I could just eat him up. His character is so perfectly created with all the right flaws and quirks. I love him. My favourite book character.

I found out about this forum from DanielWater's blogspot.

My favourite quote of all time came from the first book:

"So I was wondering," Adam said, conscious that behind him the buses
had started to release their passengers. "What is it like... what is it
like to be dead?"

Evan looked at him with his dull, unblinking
blue eyes long enough for Adam to think that, despite his precautions,
he'd insulted Evan after all, but then the smaller boy spoke.

"I don't know," he said. "What is it like... to be alive?"

You'll see I have a strong sense of opinion, but once you get past how I may come off, you'll realize I'm not as bad as I make myself sound. Despite it all, I'm really a friendly person.

(Despite me not going in the ....: ..... format, I did answer all of the questions, thank you.)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/windshieldbat
Keela
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
Keela

Location : On the baseball field in my Wonderland...la duh! =)

PostSubject: Re: "What is it like... to be alive?"   "What is it like... to be alive?" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey, bat.
I'm Keela.
I'm a huuuuuuuge bookworm so P.M. me anytime if you wanna chat about books.
Welcome to the site.
Hope you enjoy. =)
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Watching Tommy play Football
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: "What is it like... to be alive?"   "What is it like... to be alive?" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:35 pm

That is my favoite quote also.
I am Blaze, by the way.
Welcome to the forums! "What is it like... to be alive?" Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
deadred
Margie
deadred

PostSubject: Re: "What is it like... to be alive?"   "What is it like... to be alive?" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 pm

You know, I don't remember. All I remember is the guy I fell in love with and now, I have to see him everyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "What is it like... to be alive?"   "What is it like... to be alive?" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"What is it like... to be alive?"
Page 1 of 1