Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

A Possible Movie?

Go down 
+15
JustLiveOrYou'llNeverKnow
deadred
gendeadislove
Bennett
JulieMarie
Master_of_Masks
Bekki
LivingDead_Girl
Dead_onthe_Inside
trad torii
Karen DeSonne
clonechild
AliceUndead
Axel
Deathly_stunning1990
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should They Make GD Into A Movie?
Yes
A Possible Movie? I_vote_lcap36%A Possible Movie? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 13 ]
No
A Possible Movie? I_vote_lcap3%A Possible Movie? I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Maybe
A Possible Movie? I_vote_lcap8%A Possible Movie? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Please Please Please!!!
A Possible Movie? I_vote_lcap53%A Possible Movie? I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
Deathly_stunning1990
Colette
Deathly_stunning1990

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 am

Does anyone know if they are thinking about making GD into a movie? And if not anyone know a way we can put the idea into someone's head??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sexapixie
Axel
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Axel

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:02 am

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm hoping. It would most definitely be better than Twilight since the book is.
Back to top Go down
http://dancing-in-firelight.deviantart.com
Deathly_stunning1990
Colette
Deathly_stunning1990

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:19 am

Most def
Back to top Go down
AliceUndead
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
AliceUndead

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:56 pm

A GD movie? Yes please. :D

But they better not choose random cast members. Like I dunno, Robert Pattinson for Adam and Miley Cyrus for Karen. XD

That would SO not be cool.
Back to top Go down
Deathly_stunning1990
Colette
Deathly_stunning1990

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Yeah, they don't want all of us pissed off for casting the wrong people
Back to top Go down
clonechild
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
clonechild

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 1:22 pm

A movie would make sense since it's owned by Disney. Casting Miley Cyrus would also make sense for the same reason, though. So, I kinda have mixed feelings about making a Gen Dead series.

If they cast good people, which one can only hope that Dan Waters will make them cast real actors, then yes I want a movie!!
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am

clonechild wrote:
A movie would make sense since it's owned by Disney. Casting Miley Cyrus would also make sense for the same reason, though. So, I kinda have mixed feelings about making a Gen Dead series.

If they cast good people, which one can only hope that Dan Waters will make them cast real actors, then yes I want a movie!!

Euuuurrrrgghhhh Miley Cyrus? That's almost as bad as Vanessa Anne Hudgens. If they did cast people like that I'd lose faith in GD completely :/
Back to top Go down
trad torii
trad torii

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:25 pm

It's going to be a movie, but I think it might take them a while. I really am not looking forward to seeing them butcher it. Personally, I would only be happy to see it if it WASN'T a disney film. They really need to stop doing books to movies, I personally think.
And Miley Cyrus? She couldn't be Karen unless they died her hair. I think they'd make that blond chick on her show be Karen, knowing disney. Oh, but someone like Demi Lavato or Selena Gomez would be Phoebe. They have the closest look for it.
And if they are, I won't watch the movie. If I did, I would scream at the screen about how much they butchered it the whole time. At least the Twilight movie used decently unknown people, and it more acted out the most important scenes, not edit the movie, even though it wasn't the greatest. But Disney doesn't have that many people they could use for it that aren't already on some show, so we'll know all the people on there if you are like me and have little kids in your family who dominate the tv with the disney channel.

Oh, and sorry for my run ons and long sentences, I run with my thoughts on the computer. I'm also too lazy today to fix them. > <
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingimpairedtrad.blogspot.com/
clonechild
clonechild

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:33 pm

trad torii wrote:
I would only be happy to see it if it WASN'T a disney film.

I would rather it not be a Disney film, but I doubt there is any way around that. I just hope it's more Pirates of the Caribbean than Enchanted if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 am

The fact it's made by Disney makes me not want to see a movie.
Back to top Go down
trad torii
trad torii

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:19 am

clonechild wrote:
I would rather it not be a Disney film, but I doubt there is any way around that. I just hope it's more Pirates of the Caribbean than Enchanted if you know what I mean.

If there isn't any way around it, then I guess I won't be very into the movie. Like I said, I'll watch it at home so I can whine about their bad job. I agree with Karen. I just don't think Disney will make it worth seeing. Pirates of the Caribbean was not a book. That's why it was good.

Ohhh..... I want to see what Tim Burton would do to it.
Just saying (:
It's not his style, but wow, I think it would be a lot better than disney. He's just not the kind of director to work on a teen movie though.
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:20 am

Tim Burton would make it amazing.
Is it definate there's a movie? Where have you guys heard this? 'Cause it might just be a rumour...
Back to top Go down
trad torii
trad torii

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:38 am

It's disney. Books that they help publish almost always become movies. If not anytime soon, then when they start losing ideas for movies, they'll resort to it. Plus, if this book becomes as popular as it SHOULD, it'll become a movie faster.

And Tim Burton is amazing, so he would make it SENSATIONAL! God, I love him. And if he directed it, I have the feeling Helena Bonham Carter would be someone's mom, and Johnny Depp would be someone like the STD or some other older figure.
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:50 am

trad torii wrote:
It's disney. Books that they help publish almost always become movies. If not anytime soon, then when they start losing ideas for movies, they'll resort to it. Plus, if this book becomes as popular as it SHOULD, it'll become a movie faster.

And Tim Burton is amazing, so he would make it SENSATIONAL! God, I love him. And if he directed it, I have the feeling Helena Bonham Carter would be someone's mom, and Johnny Depp would be someone like the STD or some other older figure.

Most definately. I'd love it if disney held auditions rather than use all the god darn awful people from HSM and everything -.- I depise them greatly =/
Back to top Go down
trad torii
trad torii

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:10 pm

I know, right? But, in the disney trend, I've notice they take people and gradually work them upto movie status. You know, extra on tv show, costar on tv show, star of their own tv show if they're lucky, and then movie. It sucks, and it's sad, but it's true.
And to explain how I know this: little siblings.
God, if they had HSM people on there, I definately wouldn't watch it. Thank god they had to get rid of Vanessa Hudgens because of those nude pictures she had in some magazine, or they would try to cast HER as Phoebe. Such a waste of a wonderful role.
But hey, amybe Disney will be original and finally use someone completely unknown for once.
Back to top Go down
clonechild
clonechild

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Disney won't use somebody totally out there, but what if they used Tim Burton like you said? I mean that's not far fetched. He has done Disney movies before. And if both he and Dan Waters have a say in it (which Dan will have a say in it) it may not be that bad. They may look at it and be like 'Hey this is too dark for us' and give it to Burton because of his previous works with them. And think of it related to Edward Scissorhands. Think of how bright and humorous that was without losing the errieness of Edward and his situation. How amazing would that be?
Back to top Go down
trad torii
trad torii

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:34 pm

clonechild wrote:
Disney won't use somebody totally out there, but what if they used Tim Burton like you said? I mean that's not far fetched. He has done Disney movies before. And if both he and Dan Waters have a say in it (which Dan will have a say in it) it may not be that bad. They may look at it and be like 'Hey this is too dark for us' and give it to Burton because of his previous works with them. And think of it related to Edward Scissorhands. Think of how bright and humorous that was without losing the errieness of Edward and his situation. How amazing would that be?

Oh man, I completely forgot that he actually did movies for them!
I would die, I'd be so happy. He's my favorite director Smile And Tim is VERY picky about the people he uses in movies, and Dan has an exact outlook for the people he uses, so it might work out. You are right though, it's too 'dark' of a movie for Tim Burton not to be called in for the job.
I think I'm actually looking forward to finding out if he may do it now.
Back to top Go down
Dead_onthe_Inside
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
Dead_onthe_Inside

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:57 am

TIM BURTON IS THE GREATEST

i really want tim burton to direct the film now he is just awesome
Back to top Go down
trad torii
trad torii

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:22 pm

He is the greatest. I love him, woah, he's wonderful.
He especially has good taste in actor and actresses. Helena Bonham Carter is my favorite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:36 am

trad torii wrote:
He is the greatest. I love him, woah, he's wonderful.
He especially has good taste in actor and actresses. Helena Bonham Carter is my favorite Very Happy

Tim and Helena are like, the perfetc couple. They were made for eachother =')
Back to top Go down
LivingDead_Girl
LivingDead_Girl

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:31 am

They totally should make a movie...... I would love to see it
Back to top Go down
Axel
Axel

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 am

Agreed. Unless for some reason Disney DIDN'T do it.

Then, I think, we would have a crisis on our hands.

But, since Disney published it, we may not have to worry, unless they sell the rights to like, Warner Bros. or Paramount.

Sigh....
Back to top Go down
trad torii
trad torii

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Yes, I really don't think that Disney would sell the rights. Too stingy. So we're safe.
Back to top Go down
LivingDead_Girl
LivingDead_Girl

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Who do you think disney would use as actor(esses)s
Back to top Go down
Axel
Axel

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:27 pm

hopefully someone NOT on the Disney Channel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Possible Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Possible Movie?   A Possible Movie? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Possible Movie?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation Dead Forums :: Extra Curricular Activities :: Dream Cast-
Jump to: