Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Foriegn Languages

Go down 
+11
Kiera!!!!
Stehfee
Colette
LivingDead_Girl
Werewolf Moon
Anna
Meg
Karen DeSonne
Lita138
Raschel
k@
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What language did u take in school?
French
Foriegn Languages I_vote_lcap22%Foriegn Languages I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Spanish
Foriegn Languages I_vote_lcap35%Foriegn Languages I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 8 ]
Chinese
Foriegn Languages I_vote_lcap0%Foriegn Languages I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Latin
 0% [ 0 ]
Greek
 0% [ 0 ]
etc...
Foriegn Languages I_vote_lcap43%Foriegn Languages I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
k@
Dealing with Pete in the Locker room
k@

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 pm

What language did you take when you were in school were you anygood?
Back to top Go down
k@
Dealing with Pete in the Locker room
k@

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 pm

I personally have taken french since 2nd grade and recently went to canada to practice it and got really into it!
Back to top Go down
Raschel
The Haunted House Founder
Raschel

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Wow, nice, I have studied Spanish, I am in Texas XP so spanish is a bit more understandable to learn, plus it was my mother and grandmother's first languages. XP So I had a lot of help! They both lived with me growing up so I was learning from the age of 2!
Back to top Go down
Lita138
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
Lita138

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:22 am

So this is wierd, but I took French for 2 years in High school, and I did okay..but most of my family speaks spanish and I was a nerd and didn't take that in high school..my grandparents were mad at me for that! With good reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Lita-Sotelo/1079750324
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 am

French, spanish, a bit of italian, have been taught japanese before, tad of latin, bit of turkish and a few others that i picked up a few words from
Back to top Go down
Raschel
The Haunted House Founder
Raschel

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:54 am

Lita138 wrote:
So this is wierd, but I took French for 2 years in High school, and I did okay..but most of my family speaks spanish and I was a nerd and didn't take that in high school..my grandparents were mad at me for that! With good reason.
I so hear you in that, I was going to take ASL, but my grandmother gave me a stern look when I was talking about it at dinner one day so I decided against it and went with spanish. Needless to say, my father only speaks english otherwise I'd've learned spanish first... XP
Back to top Go down
Meg
Traditionally Biotic
Meg

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:32 pm

I'm taking Spanish this year and next year. I love it; my teacher is so nice. Umm.... I'm self-taught German and a little bit of Gaelic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MinxDeadly.Blogspot.com
Anna
Traditionally Biotic
Anna

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:55 pm

I took 2 1/2 years of Spanish in high school, along with one semester of being a teacher's aide. I thought it was so much fun, and I'll probably take more in college.
+ I'm from a bilingual family...my mom & grandparents were born in Finland...I'm definitely not fluent but I know a few words here and there.
Back to top Go down
Lita138
Lita138

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:11 am

Raschel wrote:
Lita138 wrote:
I so hear you in that, I was going to take ASL, but my grandmother gave me a stern look when I was talking about it at dinner one day so I decided against it and went with spanish. Needless to say, my father only speaks english otherwise I'd've learned spanish first... XP

Yea, now that I am older I kick myself for not learning it sooner and more of it...It's true the older you get the harder it is to make new information stick in your brain! All my aunts and uncles speak Spanish except for my mom so that is why my sister and I didn't learn it..all my cousins speak it too so we are the odd balls out! hahahah
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:13 am

Lita138 wrote:
Raschel wrote:
Lita138 wrote:

Yea, now that I am older I kick myself for not learning it sooner and more of it...It's true the older you get the harder it is to make new information stick in your brain! All my aunts and uncles speak Spanish except for my mom so that is why my sister and I didn't learn it..all my cousins speak it too so we are the odd balls out! hahahah

Haha, imagine being me sweetie, i have abotu 7 or more languages in my head, it's amazing how i can keep track without talking jibberish!
Back to top Go down
Werewolf Moon
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
Werewolf Moon

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:53 pm

I've taken two years of Spanish, and i've learned a little Italian from my grandpa. I admire people who can speak other languages fluently cause it's some difficult stuff to learn.
Back to top Go down
http://neighborhoodwerewolf.blogspot.com
Lita138
Lita138

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 am

Yea karen, you are pretty hardcore with the languages!
I can barely keep English starigh let alone the other 2 languages I threw in the mix! hahahahah
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 am

seeing as I'm italian i really should learn it fluently..
Back to top Go down
LivingDead_Girl
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
LivingDead_Girl

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:58 am

i might take french
Back to top Go down
Colette
Listening to Margie Gab
Colette

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:56 pm

i learned Japanese on my own a little. (not a lot but i can say the H word in Japanese)
Back to top Go down
http://monstermo.tumblr.com
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:38 am

Colette wrote:
i learned Japanese on my own a little. (not a lot but i can say the H word in Japanese)

Awesome! do you understand this?:

Ohayou! Hajimemashite, watashi wa Karen desu. Onamae wa Nan desuka? Ogenki desuka? Sayounara!

~K
Heart
Back to top Go down
Colette
Listening to Margie Gab
Colette

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:03 am

no i should learn more i guess Razz Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:49 am

Colette wrote:
no i should learn more i guess Razz Embarassed

lol, don't worry about it sweetie, languages are hard Razz
Heart
Back to top Go down
Colette
Listening to Margie Gab
Colette

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:51 am

i know, i'm not even good at my own language lol!
Back to top Go down
Stehfee
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
Stehfee

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm

I've been taking Spanish since 7th grade (I'm now in 12th grade--senior! yeah!) And I've been taking French since 10th. I'm close to fluent in both languages cause languages are my thing. xD
I'm going to college to be a Spanish and French teacher, actually. =D
I'm also considering taking Russian in college if my college offers it next year. But I'm not sure.
Languages are so fun!
And for me, sometimes the languages help each other out, like comparing them in my head.
And my boyfriend started taking Japanese in college this year and he's taught me a few things. The only thing I've managed to retain, however is "Kimi o ai shiteru." ^_^ <33
Back to top Go down
http://stehfeee.deviantart.com
LivingDead_Girl
LivingDead_Girl

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:55 pm

i no how 2 count in japanese
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:48 am

LivingDead_Girl wrote:
i no how 2 count in japanese

w00t! lol!

well i kinda have a loooooooooootta time on my hands so learning languages is a way ofpassing the time *laughs*
Back to top Go down
Meg
Traditionally Biotic
Meg

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:41 am

Lol, I love learning languages. Very Happy I just wish the other students would behave so I could learn more. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.MinxDeadly.Blogspot.com
LivingDead_Girl
LivingDead_Girl

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:37 am

I wanna take french......
Back to top Go down
Stehfee
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
Stehfee

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:47 am

Meg wrote:
Lol, I love learning languages. Very Happy I just wish the other students would behave so I could learn more. Rolling Eyes

haha i know EXACTLY how you feel xD
Back to top Go down
http://stehfeee.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Foriegn Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foriegn Languages   Foriegn Languages I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foriegn Languages
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation Dead Forums :: Extra Curricular Activities :: Oxoboxo Forest-
Jump to: